Cunjiang Yu, Ph.D.
Bill D. Cook Assistant Professor
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Departments of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Biomedical Engineering (Adjunct)
Program of Materials Science and Engineering (Adjunct)
The Texas Center for Superconductivity (Principle Investigator)
University of Houston, Houston, TX
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, IL Nov. 2010 – Oct. 2013
Post-doc, Materials Science and Engineering
Advisor: Prof. John A. Rogers (now at Northwestern U.)
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ Aug. 2007 – Nov. 2010
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering
Advisor: Prof. Hanqing Jiang
Southeast University, Nanjing, China Sept. 2004 – Jun. 2007
M.S., Electrical Engineering (Major: Microelectronics and Solid State Electronics)
Southeast University, Nanjing, China Sept. 2000 – Jul. 2004
B.S., Mechanical Engineering
Selected Awards & Honors
- SME Outstanding Young Manufacturing Engineer Award, 2019
- 3M Non-Tenured Faculty Award, 2018
- Office of Naval Research (ONR) Young Investigator Award, 2018
- Awardee of MIT Technology Review 35 Innovators Under 35 China (TR35 China) 2017
- Junior Faculty Research Excellence Award, Cullen College of Engineering, UH, 2017
- Bill D. Cook Faculty Scholarship, UH, 2016
- Doctoral New Investigator, American Chemical Society Petroleum Research Fund, 2016
- Award for Excellence in Research, Scholarship or Creative Activity, UH, 2016
- National Science Foundation (NSF) CAREER Award, 2016.
- Paul Holloway Young Investigator Award, American Vacuum Society, 2015.
- New Faculty Research Award, UH, 2014.
- Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Students Studying Abroad, 2011.
Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology
Editorial Board Member, Scientific Reports
Editor, Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology